Monday, September 12, 2005

And I'm off.. so I think


Salina
Originally uploaded by angefasu.
I cast on for Salina yesterday and I got through two sets of decreases. I'm knitting it in Herb, the color they used in the book. But as you can see, it's not quite the same. The sweater in the book has got more yellow in it and the yarn in person is more of a sage-y green.

Looks like I'm well on my way with this sweater til I checked the gauge last night before I went to bed. I'm getting one more stitch per inch than I did on my gauge swatch. I think the problem here, which is something I'll note in the future is that I swatched with a different shade of Felted Tweed (Cocoa). When I started knitting with Herb, I noticed that Herb wasn't as soft as when I was knitting with Cocoa and had more of a "stringy", rough texture. I'm thinking the dying process had something to do with that. Lesson learned, swatch with the color you're going to use.


2 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Thanks for sharing the lesson learned!

8:05 p.m.

 
Blogger Adele said...

Yah, you're off. Love the colour you chose. I like the look of yours more than the one in the picture. I HATE my Felted Tweed colour so I need to rethink fast.

10:11 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home